Monday, August 11, 2014

"Papa, Please Get The Moon For Me"





HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SELENE!

My sweet girl turned ONE last week and we just had her birthday party this weekend.
I just wanted to share some photos to help others possibly get some ideas for a less common themed party.

All photos taken by Jessi J Photography



I didn't get a good photo of her outfit I made for her, so I'll post one when I retake some photos this week.

 Tiny dancer had an outfit to match the birthday girl, naturally!

 

 Cupcakes with fondant stars and a "just the right size" moon for Selene to play (smash) with!

 Beverage options to fit the theme! The Blue Moon punch is just Sprite and Kool-aide's Blue Raspberry Lemonade. (next time I make it I might also add in real lemonade for more flavor.. but hey, I really just wanted a blue drink!)

 A few "themed" food options besides the fruit and chips also served.
The signs were made from 4x4 canvas squares painted to look look the the night sky in the book.
I'm about to hang these up (with command strips) with out the taped on labels in her room.

Cherrios for the littles.
 Moon Pies for Party favors!!

 For an activity in case the playground was too hot to play on, I made giant bubble wands and this recipe for the bubbles. It worked okay, but I  will try another recipe later to see if its better.
 The kids had a blast with the bubbles once one of the older kids got the hang of releasing the bubbles! Super fun and inexpensive.
 I had several strands of gold star garlands hanging with paper a paper lantern hanging in the middle
but I couldn't resit this for a "Moon" themed party. My geekyness had to show somewhere right?!
The photo backdrop I made that no one took pictures in front of.. hurumppp.
4 colors of tulle (which the sun washed out, so do yourselves a favor and put a solid color sheet behind).
This is a scene from the book. I even took a picture of my husband climbing and cut it out to add just the right touch!

I'll make a tutorial or two later, just wanted to get these up and out there because I had a hard time finding anything creative for the Eric Carle book "Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me"

 "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is waaayyy over done.



I also made myself a matching hairpin to go with the theme!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I had originally bought 4 rolls of the 6 in rolls of 25 yards. I want to say I used close to 75% of the 100 yards between all of the projects. They were also pretty cheap using www.tulleshop.com . I paid maybe $13 with shipping.

      Delete