Monday, March 18, 2013

The Big Reveal!

What is Turtle?!!



The day has finally arrived!

Now I didn't want an actual party, I just wanted a fun way to find out the news.
So a Sunday after church when we all hangout and eat was perfect!
This Sunday also happened to be Saint Patrick's day and the day of our church's VBS fundraiser at a local restaurant, so all of our friends would be going.
We don't have family anywhere near us, so our church family got to do the honors!

So what do you do when all you see for gender reveal ideas are cake or a box of balloons?
Why silly string of course!

We bought 72 cans in advance (The cheapest way to get them, even in bulk is your local Dollar Tree). A sweet friend came over on the day of the ultrasound to get the TOP SECRET ENVELOPE and exchange all the wrong colors for the right ones! She also wrapped them all in paper that I provided and removed all the lids so no one would accidentally know before the countdown!


I made one to get a feel for the look before she came to get them!

She then proceeds to let me know they are ready to go via picture
which of course just tortures me! 3 days of waiting!!! 

Now it is time to find out!!!




The before shot!
Yes, The turtle I'm holding to represent Turtle is a Koopa ;p


3...2...1...


Its a GIRL!!!!


Becoming Swamp Thing's cousin, Silly String Thing!



*Everybody all together now*
AWWWWW!!


Look at this fun mess I created! Oh and I love my husband's new cape!


I think my exact quotes were
"I was totally wrong!"
&
"How am I going to do hair?!"


In shock but so very HAPPY!





A day later and I'm still in disbelief! 
Don't get me wrong I'm happy that Turtle is a girl, I'm just overwhelmed right now as my previous post points out the reasons why.
But
I'm SO SO SO HAPPY!
GOD IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment